Mr Philip Enaberue, the Sokoto State Coordinator of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), says no corps member was injured in an early morning fire incident at the NYSC orientation camp on Wednesday.
Enaberue told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Wamakko that the fire only affected a room housing 20 corps members while they were out for morning devotion.
He explained that the fire incident was due to electrical sparks, and was quickly put out within 10 minutes by military and other security personnel at the camp.
Enaberue said no documents were damaged, but that five corps members lost their clothes to the fire.
The Coordinator added that already, the affected corps members had been given new kits and money to replace valuables destroyed by the fire.
He also said that the affected persons have been relocated to other rooms and all camp activities have continued without disruption.
He commended the effort of Chairman, NYSC State Governing Board, Alhaji Abubakar Ladan, host communities for their concerns over the incident. dailypost